- 01/09/1980 – AAA training – database Programming
- 01/20/1980 – Decision to separate and made out
- 02/04/1980 – First stuff moved out
- 02/10/1980 – Informed Melanie & Alex
- 02/23/1980 – Sold all my accumulation of silver. The $536.00 financed my move
- 03/01/1980 – Separate from Deborah Swann, move to Bedford Village, VA; 8285 Anderson Dr, Fairfax, VA 22031
- 03/13/1980 – Promoted to Manager of Computer Applications, American Automobile Association
- 04/09/1980 – Drinking and driving incident outside of Andrew’s Air Force Base. I drove my car into a ditch and damaged a homeowners hedge and mailbox to the tune of $90.00. Had to have the car towed out of the ditch (cost $35.00). Police Office had me park my car in a traffic circle, took my keys and returned them that following morning. Date is a bit uncertain, might have been 05/09/1980
- 05/23/1980 – Stayed at the house – Debbie in Miami thru 06/01/1980
- 06/15/1980 – Father’s Day. Last time I had a drink of alcohol. Ocean City, MD. Fell in the Ocean and should have not survived.
- 06/19/1980 – Accident in my 1970 Impala. The settlement bought my first bed.
- 07/04/1980 – Lake Fairfax with the kids
- 07/06/1980 – Melanie to camp. Puma stayed with me.
- 11/04/1980 – Election Day. Ronald Reagan elected. Day 366 for the Hostages