- 06/06/1944 – D-Day during World War 2; Bernard (Reds) Swann jumps with the 101st Airborne Division
- 09/07/1944 – Dad graduates from Dental School
- 09/17/1944 – “Operation Market Garden”, unsuccessful Allied operation in the Netherlands. Bernard (Reds) Swann jumps with the 101st Airborne Division. Below picture from the WikiPedia
- 10/18/1944 – Mother & Dad marry at Fort Jackson.
- 12/19/1944 – The 101st Airborne Division, including Bernard (Reds) Swann take up positions around the besieged town of Bastogne and are surrounded by the German Army. They defeat the Germans. Reds is wounded and evacuated as the siege is lifted by Patton’s 3rd Army.