- 01/01/1969 – Perimeter Guard Duty
- 02/12/1969 – Long Bien Attacked
- 02/20/1969 – Going home orders
- 02/22/1969 – Long Bien Attacked
- 02/23/1969 – Attack continues
- 02/26/1969 – Awarded the Bronze Star
- 03/20/1969 – Cleared Long Bien for departure
- 03/23/1969 – Flight home, departing 0600 (W2B4)(?)
- 03/23/1969 – Official DEROS date
- 03/24/1969 – Last day in the Service, spat on by protesters at the Oakland Airport; depart for Miami; living with the family at 5935 S.W. 113th Ave, Miami, FL, 33143
- 03/28/1969 – Dwight D. Eisenhower passes. To this day he remains my favorite President and history has shown that he was one of the best Presidents we have had.
- 04/20/1969 – Start 1st Programming job, working for Ryder Truck Rental (Date approximate)
- 05/xx/1969 – Family made a trip to Ohio to visit Aunt Susie & Bruce as well as to allow me to get to Cleveland and Indiana where I had left belongings before going into the Army.
- 07/15/1969 – I take a few days off work and hitchhike to Cape Canaveral to watch the launch of Apollo 11. I slept on the beach in front of a local hotel, the Sandpiper, (with their permission) and was woken up by a crew from CBS who smacked me with a camera stand as I lay sleeping. Still have the slides I took of the launch.
- 07/20/1969 – Apollo 11 landing
- 08/04/1969 – Move out of the house and move into a duplex with Henry at 8930 Bird Road, Miami, FL
- 10/xx/1969 – Promoted to “Programmer/Analyst” at Ryder